Arizona Avenue Improvements, Frye Road to Pecos Road
Chandler’s New Front Door
Updated July 13, 2018
- Crews are currently conducting primary work on the east side of Arizona Avenue, between Frye Road and Pecos Road, with traffic shifted to the west during this work. On-street parking is not permitted in this area to be able to accommodate two lanes of travel in each direction on Arizona Avenue with a center turn lane during construction.
- Crews are currently working on the east side of Arizona Avenue to install concrete curb, gutter, sidewalk and driveways. In cases where there is more than one driveway, work will be alternated so that one driveway remains open at all times. In cases where there is only one driveway to a business, this work will take place one-half of the driveway at a time to maintain access. Further coordination may take place with individual businesses to ensure access is available for staff and patrons. In addition, grading crews are working to place base materials and prepare the subsurface of the roadway on the east side for future paving.
- Scheduled for the week of July 16, crews will work to relocate waterline in the east side of Arizona Avenue at Fairview, which is expected to be complete the following week. Also scheduled for next week, installation of pavers will take place in planned locations in the project area.
- Scheduled for the week of July 23, crews will install the monument signage on Arizona Avenue at Elgin and at Fairview.
- Waterline crews are working in Frye Road, beginning at Nebraska Street and moving east to Arizona Avenue. This work is currently taking place between Nebraska Street and Palm Lane to be complete in this area near the school prior to start of the school session. Frye Road remains open for travel; however, traffic is shifted away from the work zone and turn restrictions may be in place. You will be notified in advance of any planned disruption to your water service.
Construction on the east side of Arizona Avenue is scheduled to take 3-4 months to complete, followed by median island installation in the center of the road and final paving. Project completion is scheduled for October 2018.
Thank you for your patience during construction!
Project Hotline 480-898-4060
A public design kick-off meeting was held in November 2016 with interested businesses and residents to identify issues and opportunities for this segment of Arizona Avenue for the design team to consider during their analysis and design development for the corridor. In March 2017, a second public meeting was held once again with interested businesses and residents to view the revised design concept in consideration of the comments received at the design kick-off meeting. Click here to view the powerpoint presentation from the public meeting. Click here for the proposed layout exhibit from the public meeting.