Arizona Avenue Improvements, Frye Road to Pecos Road
Chandler’s New Front Door
Updated April 20, 2018
- Construction continues on the west side of Arizona Avenue, between Frye Road and Pecos Road, with traffic shifted to the east during this work. On-street parking is not permitted in this area to be able to accommodate two lanes of travel in each direction with a center turn lane during construction.
- Concrete crews continue their work installing catch basins as part of the storm drain system, and are also working to install sidewalk and reconstruct remaining driveways on the west side of Arizona Avenue. This work is scheduled to be complete toward the end of next week. Driveways are being removed and reconstructed to accommodate businesses, so may be completed half and half in cases where there is only one driveway available for patrons or residents.
- Scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday, Apr 21, potholing will take place in Frye Road, west of Arizona Avenue to Palm Lane to identify the specific location and depths of underground utilities as part of the preparatory work for the waterline installation which will take place in Frye Road, west of Arizona Avenue, during the summer. During this potholing on Saturday, Frye Road will remain open for travel with traffic shifted to the south side of the road and possible left turn restrictions. However, crews will sequence their work to minimize the impact to left turns at the Arizona Avenue intersection.
- Crews are also working to complete any remaining grading, asphalt paving and placing decomposed granite on the west side of Arizona Avenue. Landscaping for the west side of Arizona Avenue will be installed concurrently with landscape on the east side of Arizona Avenue to maximize efficiency, ensure plantings look similar in growth and height, and to optimize the potential for successful growth after the summer heat.
- Construction on the west side of Arizona Avenue is scheduled to be complete in late April; then will move to the east side of Arizona Avenue for approximately 3-4 months, followed by median island installation in the center of the road and final paving. Waterline installation in Frye Road is currently scheduled to begin June 2018 to accommodate the school’s summer break. Project completion is scheduled for October 2018.
Thank you for your patience during construction!
Project Hotline 480-898-4060
A public design kick-off meeting was held in November 2016 with interested businesses and residents to identify issues and opportunities for this segment of Arizona Avenue for the design team to consider during their analysis and design development for the corridor. In March 2017, a second public meeting was held once again with interested businesses and residents to view the revised design concept in consideration of the comments received at the design kick-off meeting. Click here to view the powerpoint presentation from the public meeting. Click here for the proposed layout exhibit from the public meeting.