Arizona Avenue Improvements, Frye Road to Pecos Road
Chandler’s New Front Door
Updated Oct 10, 2018
- Contractor crews for the Arizona Avenue Improvements Project, Frye Road to Pecos Road, are working to complete various remaining components of the project to include concrete, paving and landscape elements.
- Scheduled to begin tomorrow, OCTOBER 11, crews will install pavers at crosswalks at Fairview Street and Arizona Avenue. To accommodate this work crossing Fairview Street, on the east and west side of Arizona Avenue, Fairview Street will be closed on either side of Arizona Avenue for approximately 2-3 days. Once crosswalks at Fairview are complete, crews will install brick pavers across Arizona Avenue at Fairview; however, Arizona Avenue will remain open during this work with traffic shifted, as necessary, away from the work activity. This work is expected to be completed by the end of next week.
- Scheduled to take place Tuesday and Wednesday, OCT 16-17, crews will complete remaining asphalt pavement application on the east side of Arizona Avenue just north of Elgin.
- Also taking place this week and into next week, crews are working to install remaining median island components at Pecos Road to prepare the Pecos Road and Arizona Avenue intersection for a mill (removal of asphalt) and pavement application. This mill and pave activity is currently scheduled to take place Friday and Saturday, OCT 19-20 with removal of asphalt, and application of new asphalt is scheduled to take place Monday and Tuesday, OCT 22-23. This work will be followed by adjustment of utilities to make them flush with the new asphalt surface and striping of the roadway. It is expected that the intersection will remain open for travel during this work with lane restrictions in place to shift traffic away from the construction activity.
- Waterline crews have completed installation of the main waterline in Frye Road from Nebraska Street to Arizona Avenue and are nearing completion on the north side of Frye Road. Scheduled for next week, Frye Road traffic will be shifted to the north side of Frye Road for crews to make necessary connections on the south side of Frye Road. This work will take approximately one week to complete and will be followed by a slurry seal of Frye Road, west of Arizona Avenue, scheduled for late October. You will be notified in advance of any planned disruption to your water service.
Thank you for your patience during construction!
Project Hotline 480-898-4060
A public design kick-off meeting was held in November 2016 with interested businesses and residents to identify issues and opportunities for this segment of Arizona Avenue for the design team to consider during their analysis and design development for the corridor. In March 2017, a second public meeting was held once again with interested businesses and residents to view the revised design concept in consideration of the comments received at the design kick-off meeting. Click here to view the powerpoint presentation from the public meeting. Click here for the proposed layout exhibit from the public meeting.