Arizona Avenue Improvements, Frye Road to Pecos Road
Chandler’s New Front Door
Updated Sep 16, 2018
- Contractor crews for the Arizona Avenue Improvements Project, Frye Road to Pecos Road, continue work on median islands and various other remaining components of the project, which include some concrete, electrical, landscaping and road work.
- Scheduled for the week of SEPTEMBER 17, traffic will be shifted to the WEST side of Arizona Avenue, one lane in each direction with left turns restricted, for crews to remove asphalt pavement and subsurface materials to reconstruct the east half of Arizona Avenue, from approximately Saragosa Street to Elgin Street. This work is expected to take 7-9 days to complete.
- Scheduled to begin approximately SEPTEMBER 25, traffic will be shifted to the EAST side of Arizona Avenue, one lane in each direction with left turns restricted, for crews to remove asphalt pavement and subsurface materials to reconstruct the west half of Arizona Avenue, from approximately Saragosa Street to Elgin Street. This work is also expected to take approximately one week to complete.
- Business access will be maintained to the extent possible during this work, as there may be short-term restrictions when the operation crosses driveways until appropriate access can be provided. In some instances, access may be necessary via a side street, further down the road to make a u-turn, or from the back. Signage will be in place to direct travelers to appropriate access for businesses.
- Waterline crews continue work in Frye Road installing waterline from Nebraska Street to Arizona Avenue. Frye Road remains open for travel; however, traffic is shifted away from the work zone and turn restrictions may be in place. You will be notified in advance of any planned disruption to your water service.
Construction on the east side of Arizona Avenue is scheduled to take 3-4 months to complete, followed by median island installation in the center of the road and final paving. Project completion is scheduled for October 2018.
Thank you for your patience during construction!
Project Hotline 480-898-4060
A public design kick-off meeting was held in November 2016 with interested businesses and residents to identify issues and opportunities for this segment of Arizona Avenue for the design team to consider during their analysis and design development for the corridor. In March 2017, a second public meeting was held once again with interested businesses and residents to view the revised design concept in consideration of the comments received at the design kick-off meeting. Click here to view the powerpoint presentation from the public meeting. Click here for the proposed layout exhibit from the public meeting.